2017-2018 Undergraduate Academic Catalog

Transferring Undergraduate Credit

A student in good standing at Lesley may enroll in a course at another accredited college during the academic year or summer. The following conditions govern the transfer to Lesley of credit earned at another institution.

  • A total of 90 credit hours are transferable to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and 66 credit hours are transferable to the College of Art and Design, depending on the student's program and providing certain requirements are met.
  • A grade of C or better is necessary for transfer of credit; letter grades for transfer are not recorded on the student's permanent record. Grades of "P" (Pass) must be accompanied by documentation verifying that each is equivalent to a C or better in order to be accepted for transfer.
  • CLAS: Written approval must be obtained from the student’s academic advisor and the Director of Academic Advising before  a course is taken for transfer credit. Students should contact the CLAS Undergraduate Academic Advising Center for more specific information and the approval forms.
  • LUCAD: It is strongly recommended that LUCAD students check with LUCAD advising staff to ensure transfer credits will meet requirements before courses are taken for transfer credit.
  • CLAS students must meet with their advisors to determine the appropriate courses for their program of study prior to submission of the transfer approval form to the Director of Academic Advising.
  • CLAS: Upon completion of courses, students must request in writing an official transcript from the college/university where courses were completed to be sent to the Lesley University Registrar's Office.
  • LUCAD: Students should request that transcripts be sent to the Office of the University Registrar's Office
  • CLAS: Credit for student teaching and other practica or internships must be approved by the appropriate Division Chair.
  • LUCAD: Students need approval from the faculty internship representative.