2019-2020 Graduate Academic Catalog

Complaint Process for Online and Low-Residency Students

Lesley University attempts to resolve student complaints within its academic and administrative departments.  In the event that you have a complaint about a process or procedure within the University, we encourage you to submit a written complaint to online.resolution@lesley.edu.  Once received, you will be notified that the complaint is being reviewed.  The complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate academic or administrative department for review.  The University will attempt to resolve the complaint expeditiously.

Many agencies require that students exhaust the internal complaint process at their institution prior to filing a complaint with the agency.  In the event that a complaint is not resolved internally, you may wish to contact the agencies below to file a complaint:

  • The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education has granted Lesley University degree-granting authority.  Information about the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education complaint process can be found on its website: www.mass.edu/.
  • Lesley University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) .  Information about the NECHE complaint process can be found on its website: www.neche.org/.

  • Contact the appropriate state agency in your state of residence.  The State Higher Ed Executive Officers Association provides contact information on their website: sheeo.org/membership/our-members/.  This directory includes contact information for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico and should not be construed as informative of which agencies regulate the institution or in which states the institution is licensed or required to be licensed.